If you qualify you can receive discounts ranging from $10 to $13.50 per month depending on the laws in your participating state.
Qualifying for Discounted Phone Service
If you participate in any of the following government assistance programs, you are eligible to receive discounted phone service:
- EBT/Food Stamps
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8)
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
- The National School Lunch Programs Free Lunch Program
If you don’t participate in one of the above programs but your household income is at or below 135% of Federal Poverty Guideline you qualify to receive discounted phone service.
Applying for Service
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
After submitting your application, be prepared to wait for several weeks before the discounts are applied to your phone bill. If you have questions about the status of your application, call the phone number listed on the application and someone will assist you.
Things to Know
- Once approved you will be subject to recertification. In other words if your financial situation improves dramatically and you no longer meet the eligibility criteria; you must relinquish your Lifeline discounts.
- Only one discount is allowed per household.
Earn Additional Discounts
Global Connection is running a promotion. If you refer a friend to Global Connecting you get a $5 discount on your phone bill and your friend gets one too. There’s no limit to the number of referrals you can make and the amount of $5 discounts you can earn.
Category: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Global Connection, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Wisconsin